I Ashfaq (Ash) Ladha founded 2SAL Capital with a view to creating an investment vehicle that leverages my 15 years of experience in consulting, proprietary-book investments and knowledge of running investee operating companies.
My most memorable experiences have been within operating company environments where challenges are over-come and success comes with rewards and inherent satisfaction of achievement. I do not subscribe to organizational structures that are wholly driven top-down. It is the bottom-up that really excites me and my philosophy is to ensure investee companies and employees are supported which ultimately enable our collective strategic ambitions.
Whilst I have accomplished some, I believe my best is yet to come. I would like to share some of my professional experiences which include:
- Closed over USD 2 Billion of commercial deals with the largest aerospace companies
- USD 500 Million green-field investment
- Raised and restructured over USD 200m in complex debt finance
- Conclusion of over USD 3 Billion of equity and debt transactions for a major sovereign wealth fund
- Advised on USD 1 Billion of transactions for one of the Big-4 which included IPOs
- I have advised numerous SMEs
My educational background: I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and a CFA Charter Holder. In addition I have obtained a MBA accreditation from Cardiff Business School and have attended numerous professional development courses at INSEAD, London Business School, Oxford University and European Venture Capital Association